I suppose what I quite like about these sorts of food festivals is that they are targeted at everyone, not just die-hard food geeks. And it's a good way of showing off talented local food businesses, chefs or restaurants to people that may not have come across them before.
Anyway, at the Brighton event there is quite a lot on. It's a decent sized site which will have;
- Bake and Cake Theatre (G&T Steampunk hands-on baking demos - I have no idea what this is but I like it)
- Chocolate Theatre (demos from Divine Chocolate and Sciolti Chocolates)
- Homeware Village
- Pop up restaurant from Fishy Fishy & Jamie's Italain
- Local and national award-winning Producers' Market
- Street Food Avenue
Booze seems to feature heavily with a Wine Village (lots of villages featuring here. It's Brighton. Wot you sayin'?), hay bale bar area with British cider and ale and a double-decker bar bus. Ding ding.
There will be plenty for the kids too with a Children's Cookery Theatre, where they will be creating panda cupcakes and bee muffins (obviously not with real pandas and bees, that will really rile the Brighton veggie massive).
Me? Well, I'll be heading over to the City Beach for ice-cream and sand castle building with the bambino. Happy days.
Competition (now closed)
I'm giving away a pair of passes for the full 3 days worth £36. All you have to do is subscribe to this blog (if you don't already) AND do ONE of the following;
- leave your name and email address in the comments below
- email me at thegraphicfoodie(at)hotmail.com with "Foodies Comp" in the title
- tweet me @graphic_foodie
- Competition closes at GMT midday Friday 19th April 2013.
- A winner will be selected from all valid entries using a random number generator.
- The winner will be contacted, and prize sent direct from Foodies Festival.
- The prize is two x 3-day passes for the Brighton Foodies Festival running 4-6 May 2013.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Your email details will not be used for any purpose other than to contact the winner and will be disposed over after competition close.